Yuma 4X4 Forum

WELCOME TO THE YUMA 4X4 FORUM!

If you are not a Member here, then you have limited access to the forums. You will limited access until you have signed up, then you will have full access.
Yuma 4X4 Forum

This forum is dedicated to the off-road community.

• Reply to topic

06 jeep project

david

Number of posts: 286

Model: Wrangler TJ

Post 06 jeep project

Post by david on Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:42 am

I started off with a brand new 2006 jeep wrangler that I picked up in Feb. of 06. For the power train it has a 4.0 inline 6, a 4 speed automatic transmission, dana 30 front, and at the time a dana 35 rear end.
My jeep when it was 2 day old

Warn front bumper, d-rings, warn 9000lb winch, and hi lift jack

Warn rock sliders

Custom rear bumper and tire carrier, with ammo box holder

Installed a 4” rough country lift, and 33” tire with 15x8 MT wheel locks

david

Post Re: 06 jeep project

Post by david on Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:52 am

After destroying the stoke dana 35 I installed a dana 44 with air locker and 4:10 gears and rear geared the front dana 30

ARB on bord air to supply the ABR air locker in the front and the 2gl viair tank

SYE and tom woods drive line

david

Post by david on Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:48 pm

Last week I installed a heavy duty tie rod made from 1.20 OD DOM along with new ball joints. I’ll try an post up some pic of it on the jeep later but for now hear are some pic from the web site.

JohnOH327

Number of posts: 248

Model: Sidekick

Post by JohnOH327 on Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:07 am

Way to go....David. By the time I get back to Yuma you will have a monster for the trail. See ya soon...John

david

Post by david on Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:29 pm

the new tie rod

old tie rod nexed to the new one can really see the difference but there is

put new tires on the jeep a few months ago 35/12.50r15 mickey thompson baja claw
and i just ordered new 4.88 gears a few days ago

Green Chili

Number of posts: 271

Model: Wrangler X

Post by Green Chili on Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:38 pm

Oh Oh!!!
Those tie rods look perfectly straight, and mine doesnt No

David........, What did you do with your old tie rod? and is it still good?

I was just rinsing my jeep off after going through some mud and realized there is a slight bend on my tie rod....

greenchili

kuruma

Number of posts: 74

Model: Rubicon LJ

Post by kuruma on Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:41 am

Lookin good! I'll be following this one. I just grabbed up an 06 myself so I need some good ideas. What kind of litf are you running on there? I've been perusing for a new one. The rancho I have just isn't that comfy to me.

david

Post by david on Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:08 am

kuruma wrote:Lookin good! I'll be following this one. I just grabbed up an 06 myself so I need some good ideas. What kind of litf are you running on there? I've been perusing for a new one. The rancho I have just isn't that comfy to me.

I’m running the old stile 4” x-series rough country lift with front and rear pro comp adjustable trac bars and I’m happy with how well the lift works. I have heard good things about there new long arm kit from a few people that I have talked to, by far the best priced long arm kit out there

you have a grate start with a Rubicon.

david

Post by david on Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:29 am

Green Chili wrote:Oh Oh!!!
Those tie rods look perfectly straight, and mine doesnt No

David........, What did you do with your old tie rod? and is it still good?

I was just rinsing my jeep off after going through some mud and realized there is a slight bend on my tie rod....

greenchili

My old tie rod has a slight bend to it, Hard to see it in the pic. I plane to keep it as a spare for when I go on out of town trips due to it being so easy to bend. To be honest if I was you I would not even play around with a stock tie rod they bend to easy. Look at the rough country tie rod upgrade it $80 and uses the stock ball joint, or get a tie rod off of a jeep zj with a V8 engine. they are a lot stronger then the wrangler tie rod. I would call some of the wrecking yard hear in town and see if they have one and check there price to a new tie rod, but that’s me.

david

Post by david on Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:57 am

Hear is a good link talking about the zj tie rod swap

http://www.stu-offroad.com/steering/zjtie/tierod-1.htm

david

Post by david on Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:38 pm

last week i installed a new cd player

had some free time today so i made a new air chuck holder to replace the the wire holding it up befor

david

Post by david on Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:58 pm

for the past few year i have been runnung a cooler rack when hunting or on a few jeep runs. had some free time this weekend so i built a small table that will slid in the back of the cooler rack or into the cooler rack mount if i am not running the cooler rack

her is the cooler rack

i can remove the rack by pulling on pin so that the spare tire can be removed

building of the small table

small table installed on cooler rack

small table installed with out cooler rack

i still need to paint and mount the diamond plate to the frame

bbrewer

Number of posts: 259

Model: Rubicon

Post by bbrewer on Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:20 pm

David,

Now you are all set for a tail gate party! Seriously though I sure hope you remove it for some of the runs you like to do!

Betty

By the way would you mind sending me an email so I have an email address for you. I'd like to discuss 10/30 events.
Thanks

strawdog

Number of posts: 144

Model: TJ Unlimited

Post by strawdog on Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:16 am

Dang, David, you've been busy! There's a whole world open out there for people who can weld! Nice job on the racks on the back...

Renee

david

Post by david on Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:27 pm

I noticed a while back that my front low arm mounts on the axle where looking pretty bent up. So I have been looking at differ ant lower arm supports and skid plates some you weld on and other where bolt on. Yesterday I went to town a bought some 3”x3” by ¼” steal plate to weld on to strengthen and also act as a skid plate. To day I straightened up the lower mounts and fitted the new steal plates. Tomorrow ill weld it all together and post pic of the finished product
  • Reply to topic

Current date/time is Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:31 pm