Yuma 4X4 Forum

WELCOME TO THE YUMA 4X4 FORUM!

If you are not a Member here, then you have limited access to the forums. You will limited access until you have signed up, then you will have full access.
Yuma 4X4 Forum

This forum is dedicated to the off-road community.

• Reply to topic

WOW it's been a while since I have been out on the Trail

tacobender6

Number of posts: 84

Model: Wrangler

Post WOW it's been a while since I have been out on the Trail

Post by tacobender6 on Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:14 pm

So, I've been without my jeep for a while now.  I have put it off long enough.  I am getting ready to purchase a few parts. 
The bushing problem at the end of last year and the beginning of this year started the issues and then the wonderful shock break and through the gas tank happened.  OH WELL, Shit happens.  I am replacing all the bushings in the lower control arms and getting two new front control arms.  I will be replacing the upper control arms in the front and back.  Thanks to Bill Snyder for helping me with a few items last year and thanks to David Short for the return of the gas tank that Bill let me have.  I am also replacing the front Driveline because i bent the tube.  Most likely when Perry and I went out one time short after he installed his winch last year and I got hung up on a rock bigger than my jeep.  I was tabled on the rock.  HAAHAAHAA.  So Tom woods here I come.  My body damage will be covered up with Genright rocker panels and rear panels.  Thanks to Jason Case for the front bumper.  HOORAH.  My problem with the bumper is my lights won't fit properly.  OH darn, that means I have to get different type of lighting system.  HAAHAA, oh shoot, LED light bar by VisionX or Rigid.  I am getting a specialized bar.  It will be a combination of Flood/spot at 10wLED x 10-15" with maybe 10 lights on it.  Dang me should I say that I will be for sure putting on the winch.  Just haven't decided what I want.  Too many toys out there to play with.  I just might go with the standard Smittybuilt 10k w/ syn rope.  Or to Ebay and go after this Warn Competition winch that is up on auction.  It is a hard to find winch and it is worth the money.  It is used but who cares if it works it works for me.  So, I will leave it at that. 

I am hoping that everything will be here for the New Year's at the Sand Dunes. 
I will lewt you know more as I get the parts

Oh and A New Clutch for sure.

RocnJK

Number of posts: 43

Model: Rubicon

Post Re: WOW it's been a while since I have been out on the Trail

Post by RocnJK on Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:46 pm

That would be the best Christmas present ever if all that falls together!  Good luck Charles, Merry Christmas and I hope you have a Jeepin' New Year!

Rubiking 02

Number of posts: 257

Model: Wrangler TJ

Post by Rubiking 02 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:00 am

Happy New Years Charles ...........see you out on the Trails

Yuma 4X4
YUMA 4X4 FOUNDER

Number of posts: 3465

Post by Yuma 4X4 on Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:54 am

Any updates on your Jeep??  dunno